The Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge for the week of May 3, 2017.
Brayner’s Mill was built in the 15th century on the left bank of the River Coina.
The mill was rebuilt after it had been partially destroyed by the earthquake of 1755. This mill, like the others in the region, consisted of several buildings that integrated the mill house, the miller’s house and warehouses for cereals. In the second half of the 19th century the mill was transformed into a pasta factory.
In the 1930s, the factory, known as Fábrica da Sereia, started producing fertilizers.
In 1976 the factory is again converted to produce canned fish until 1989, when it closes doors.
It is a danger the destruction of our heritage.