This is a Paula’s challenge (Lost in Translation) to take a colour photo and change it to Black and White in post processing.
Paula at Lost in Translation presented us a challenge: “What would the world without music be like?, today’s theme for Black and White Sunday is MUSIC.“
This photo was taken at Rossio (Portugal), February 27th, 2013.
The janggu (or janggo; also spelled changgo) or sometimes called seyogo (slim waist drum) is the most representative drum in traditional Korean music. It is available in most kinds, and consists of an hourglass-shaped body with two heads made from animal skin. The two heads produce sounds of different pitch and timbre, which when played together are believed to represent the harmony of man and woman.
The first depiction of the instrument is on a bell belonging to the Silla (57 BC–935 AD) period and in a mural painting of the same period in Goguryeo (37 BC–935 AD) tomb. The oldest Korean historical records about an hourglass-shaped drum may be traced to the reign of King Munjong (1047–1084) of Goryeo as a field instrument. (Wikipedia)
The Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge for the week of May 17, 2017.
The D. Luis I Bridge (road bridge crossing Douro River at Oporto, Portugal) planned by the engineer Théophile Seyrig, a disciple of famous Gustave Eiffel was inaugurated in 1886. The bridge has 395 metres long and 8 metres wide, and its arch is still considered to be the world’s biggest one in forged iron.
In 1982, the bridge was designated a cultural heritage.
The Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge for the week of May 3, 2017.
Brayner’s Mill was built in the 15th century on the left bank of the River Coina.
The mill was rebuilt after it had been partially destroyed by the earthquake of 1755. This mill, like the others in the region, consisted of several buildings that integrated the mill house, the miller’s house and warehouses for cereals. In the second half of the 19th century the mill was transformed into a pasta factory.
In the 1930s, the factory, known as Fábrica da Sereia, started producing fertilizers.
In 1976 the factory is again converted to produce canned fish until 1989, when it closes doors.
It is a danger the destruction of our heritage.